Hello beautiful people!
Our skin has to battle through sun, makeup, dust, pollution, hard water, chemicals, and what not, on a daily basis, leaving it dull and dry. Our skin being the most precious to us, needs special attention if we don’t want our skin falling apart in your thirties. So, I’ve summed up a basic skin care routine with additional tips below which will help you take care of your skin in the most basic yet best way.
The very first step of a skin routine is, identifying the type of skin you have and promising it that you will follow the routine daily and won’t compromise anywhere.
“My dear oily skin, I promise to take care of you and follow the skin care routine untill my last breath.” – That’s me making promise to my skin. Yes I have oily skin.
2) Cleansing No matter what the skin type is, it needs to be cleaned thoroughly. The best way to do that is, to wash your face with lukewarm water first so that it opens your pores. Gently apply the type of cleanser that best suits your skin (oil-free face washes for oily skin, moisturizing ones for dry skins, etc.) Pick a cleanser with the least amount of chemicals because chemicals give us temporary benefits and permanent losses. The more organic it is, the better. I personally prefer products of Himalaya, Dove, Biotique, and Neutrogena to name a few. You can Google herbal products best for your skin type. Massage the cleanser in circular and upward motions and let it stay for some time according to the product’s features. Cleanse it by splashing cold water this time. This helps in closing the cleaned pores. Don’t scrub or wipe your face with anything. Use clean towels to pat on the skin, or just let it dry naturally. Wash your face in the morning, after you come home from work and before you go to sleep. Dry people keep in mind to moisturize well before sleep.
3) Tone your skin. Toning helps in maintaining the pH level that is removed after cleansing that eliminates wrinkles, fine lines and reduces spots. Toner is very important for oily skin as it prevents the growth of bacteria. You can again choose the type of toner best for your skin type and texture. Take some of it and apply it all over your face with a cotton pad. Don’t wipe or wash your face after applying it, let it soak and dry on its own.
4) Moisturizing is a must for any type of skin. It’s like feeding your skin with mineral water. It helps in keeping the skin hydrated, soft, reduces wrinkles, prevents breakage, gives false tan and even tones the skin. Moisturizing for oily skin is also equally important as the dehydration can make the skin worse. Oil-free moisturizers and non-comedogenic lotions are best for oily skin as they are light on the skin, keep it hydrated and leave with a mat finish. If you have extremely oily skin, then hydrating gels or aloe vera could work for you. Nivea, Dove, and Vaseline are my favorites. You can choose according to your skin types.
5) Sunscreens are a must before you leave your house. You might want to forget your purse at home but don’t forget sunscreen. Obviously, it protects you from harmful UV rays, but it also protects you from unnecessary tanning and sunburns. It’s a shield that we all need.
6) Exfoliation is another required thing for a clearer and glowing skin. Exfoliation means removing of the dead skin cells which lead to dryness, breakouts and acne. There are various ways of exfoliation, like 1) with natural bristled brushes, 2) scrubs or 3) rubbing a washcloth soaked in warm water on the skin. For sensitive skin it’s important to be polite, so avoid anything except gentle exfoliation scrubs. Exfoliate once in a week and don’t forget to moisturize your skin after that. It will leave a fresh and an enhanced skin tone. Homemade exfoliating face scrubs are very easy to make and I will talk about the same in my next blog!
Some other tips for a healthy skin care routine are:
- Maintain your skin care routine daily and strictly. Irregular attempts cannot give you the expected skin level that you wish. Even, random or irregular attention can cause danger to your skin.
- Don’t touch your face frequently. Don’t pick your pimples either. Instead, apply small amount toothpaste on the pimple and let it dry. It will help it dry and reduce the redness.
- Don’t sleep with makeup because it harms the skin lots. Use gentle, pH-neutral or baby remover to get rid of your makeups. Be careful whether your wipes will not make your skin dry, harsh or imperfect.
- The remarkable changes in the skin also depend on your sleep. You must sleep for 8 hours a day. And, if you are a teenager, you should sleep at least 9-10 hours a day because you are growing this time.
- If you have dark circles under your eyes, you have to give separate attention to your eyes also. For the lack of beauty around your eyes, your face may not look bright.
- Glowing skin not only depends on the above tips but also depends on your healthy diet.
- For glowing skin, you must drink lots of water, a minimum of 8 glasses a day. It keeps the health and skin hydrated that is very helpful for having feather-like soft skin.
- Take an exercise or walk, minimum 30 minutes a day. You can open your windows to get fresh air or you can go for a natural movement in the morning or afternoon. Fresh air is helpful for a fresh mind that indirectly beautifies your skin.
- Wash your bedding, like pillows 3 times a week. Fresh and clean bedding prevents the growth of the bacteria and other dirt on the skin that prevents acne or pimples.
Home remedies are always best and trustworthy. I will write about face masks and skin care home remedies for the coming blog so stay tuned!
And the most important takeaway is ‘You are beautiful no matter what!’
Thank you for reading. Let me know if you liked it in the comments below, Or you can catch me on my Instagram below!